- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- ¼tsp ground mixed spice
- 20g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 100g grated carrot
- 4tbsp low fat plain yogurt
- 100ml milk
- 50g sultanas or raisins
- 3-4tsp vegetable oil
For the topping:
- 100g low fat soft cheese or mascarpone
- ¼tsp vanilla extract
- 1 orange
- 1tsp Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- Lyle's Golden Syrup, for drizzling
- Put the flour, mixed spice, Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar, egg, grated carrot, yogurt and milk into a large mixing bowl and use a hand whisk or fork to mix everything together thoroughly. Stir in the sultanas or raisins.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2-3 drops of oil. Cook tablespoons of the batter in batches, turning them over after 1-2 minutes to cook the other sides. Make 8 small pancakes altogether, adding a few more drops of oil to the frying pan with each batch.
- For the topping, mix together the soft cheese and vanilla extract. Finely grate the orange zest and add 1 tsp to the mixture with the Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar. Peel and segment the orange, removing all the pith. Serve with the warm pancakes and drizzle with Lyle's Golden Syrup, sprinkling a little more orange zest.
Lyle's Golden Syrup: This recipe is made using Lyle's Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit
You could use white self-raising flour, though wholemeal provides more fibre.