This cottage pie is a surprisingly easy dinner recipe - a traditional British comfort food classic.
- 700g essential Waitrose British Beef lean mince (typically 10% fat)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3–4 carrots, diced
- 1 ½ tbsp essential Waitrose Tomato Purée
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 375ml beef stock (from a stock cube)
- 1kg floury potatoes, diced
- 125ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Fry the mince, onion and carrots in a large, non-stick saucepan for 5 minutes until browned. Add the tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and stock, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15–20 minutes until tender. Drain and mash with the milk and a little butter, if required. Season to taste.
- Transfer the mince to an ovenproof serving dish and top with the mashed potato. Bake for 20–25 minutes.
This recipe and thousands more can be found at