- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- Preparation time
- 20 mins marinating time
Miso salmon is one of those dishes which sounds complicated but is actually incredibly simple. Once you make up the simple miso marinade, just cover the salmon in it and leave overnight.
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 4tbsp mirin (rice wine)
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 4tbsp red or white miso paste
- 4 salmon fillets
FOR THE SALAD:
- 200g (6½ oz) mangetouts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small cucumber, halved and seeds removed, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Small handful thinly sliced daikon (Japanese radish), if available
- 2tbsp mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp sesame seeds
- Bring the soy sauce, mirin and caster sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Add the miso paste and whisk until smooth. Transfer to a shallow dish and leave to cool completely.
- Add the salmon fillets and turn to coat. Cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat a grill to high. Grill the salmon for 5 mins, until golden. Meanwhile, toss all the salad ingredients together in a bowl, then season to taste.
- To serve, divide the salad among four plates and top with the salmon.