- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- 150g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2tsp Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 350ml milk
- 2tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, blended with 3tbsp hot water
- A few drops of vegetable oil
- 150g strawberries, halved
- 100g blueberries
- Lyle's Golden Syrup, for drizzling
- Put the flour, salt, caster sugar, eggs and milk into a mixing bowl and whisk together to make a smooth batter. Pour about one quarter of this batter into a separate bowl and beat in the cocoa mixture to make chocolate batter.
- Put the chocolate batter into a squeezy bottle (you could use a rinsed-out washing up bottle for this). Heat a non-stick frying pan and add a few drops of vegetable oil. Remove from the heat. Using the squeezy bottle, carefully ''draw'' a heart shape over the base of the pan. Heat gently until just set.
- Ladle plain batter over and around the surface of the heart shape. Cook lightly until the batter just sets on the surface, then flip the pancake over to reveal the heart shape on the cooked side. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, then turn out onto a warm plate. Make 4 pancakes like this, keeping them in a warm place as you make them.
- Serve the pancakes with strawberries and blueberries, drizzled with syrup.
Lyle's Golden Syrup: This recipe is made using Lyle's Golden Syrup, for more delicious recipes visit
Get creative! Draw several heart shapes with the chocolate batter before pouring in the plain batter. Or 'draw' whatever you like!
Try more of our brilliant pancake recipe ideas for pancakes every which way!