Originally created as an officer's drink in the mid-1800s to ensure sailors took their daily rations of lime, this twist on a gimlet brings the rich naval history of Greenwich to . The classic version of this cocktail uses Rose's lime cordial, which we replace with a housemade Bramley apple and quince cordial.
- 35ml Plymouth Gin
- 40ml Bramley & Gage Quince Liqueur
- 2 dashes absinthe
- Use a cocktail stirring glass or shaker with as much ice in as possible.
- Pour in the gin and cordial and stir 10 times.
- Leave for 30 seconds to cool and dilute.
- Add 2 dashes of good absinthe and strain into a coupette.
If you're making your own cordial, start with 30ml and add more if the drink isn't balanced.